To realize an elegant shopping experience, project ELEGA is an attempt to redesign shopping service and fitting room space in shopping mall. The idea is to develop a service that allows customers to try on all the clothes they like from different stores in one fitting room with the simplest steps. It is not only an innovative journey of shopping but also an enjoyable experience that provides leisure and recreation for customers. Both the customers and shopping mall can get optimized benefits.
Role: persona, concept generation, service blueprint, UI design
Team: Yao Tong, Yaowei Wang, Churan Li
Timeline: 2 weeks, summer 2014
Tools: Balsamiq, Illustrator, Corel Visualstudio
By observing people’s behavior in a shopping mall, we recorded their movements and feelings while they were shopping. The image shown on the right is the result of the route they travelled around. We found that fitting rooms are the common places where customers stayed the longest time and suffered the most.
We came up with over 60 ideas and then affinity diagrammed the ideas into 5 groups. By identifying the areas we were interested in developing, we narrowed down to 3 concepts. We tested these concepts on interviewees recruited in the research phase and decided to generate the final service concept.
We Took A Video to Narrate the Concept Story
What Benefits This Brand New Shopping System Can Bring
- The integrated fitting rooms simplify the steps of trying clothes. Also people can match clothes from different brands and make their decisions quickly.
- The virtual model can give you a preview of what it looks like on your body.
- You can buy clothes through online store.
- The online store could also be your navigator in mall to find your favorite clothes.
- The convenient and original shopping process attracts more customers to come to the mall.
- The electronic commerce is a new approach to acquire profit.